Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Weekly Weigh-In: Taking a Pass

Happy Wednesday! It’s time for another Weekly Weigh-In. Um, yay. (Yes, that’s me being less-than-enthusiastic.)

If you’ve ever done Weight Watchers, you know that they give you a pass that you can use every so often when you want to skip a weigh-in.

Well, I’m taking a pass today. {sigh}

I did actually weigh yesterday and, as you have probably guessed, it was a gain.

Again. Yes, that would be the third week in a row. I think that’s a first.

It wasn’t that much of a gain, but still. Yes, I know what’s caused it. Yes, I’m aggravated, but with myself. It’s not the quitting kind of aggravated. It’s the “it’s time to quit goofing off and get back to the basics” kind of aggravated.

It all boils down to two things: I’ve let myself get lazy with my workouts and I’ve been pushing the envelop with my eating.

Lack of motivation. It happens to all of us. The last time it happened to me, when I finally rediscovered my motivation, I got busy and lost 15 or so pounds fairly quickly. So, if I’d just do that again, I could be at my goal weight in no time.

That’s all I have to say about that. Enough excuses. Enough laziness. It’s time to rein this thing in and get back to business.

What about you? How are you doing on your weight loss?

Do or do not. There is no try.

4 comments:

  1. At least we are in this "place" together!  Let's get out together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to remember that "take a pass" thing! My weigh-in was not great either. I only lost .4 pounds, and since I gained last week I was hoping for more-especially since the scale just a couple of days ago showed almost 2.5 pounds lost. I'm seriously ready to throw that thing out the window! I was encouraged by my progress pictures that I posted today though-I can tell a difference, even if it's only slight. Any progress is still an improvement and better than sitting around waiting for it to just happen. Here's my post: http://fatchickfedup.com/2012/02/01/the-moment-of-truth-the-monthly-progress-pictures-edition/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with ya. I lost a whopping .2 pounds. It was a gain earlier in the week. I haven't been consistant with exercise either, and I have really pushed the envelope with eating as well. It's so frustrating, because I realized that even though I've lost a few lately, I'm still only a pound lighter than I was on Dec. 22nd when my parents got here. That's a ridiculous amount of time to not really lose anything. Plus, I've been seeing the same 3 numbers on the scale, over and over and over, and OVER again. :/ I have banned sugar from the house this week. I just spent $266 at Walmart on only healthy stuff for the WHOLE family. My 30th birthday is one week from today. I'm going to at least finish this section of goal strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great attitude! We'll get there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Your encouragement, support, or commiseration is appreciated.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.