Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tag! I’m It!

I’ve been tagged by Jill at Just Jill. Since I am completely out of witty or inspiring things to write about right now, I thought I’d play along. Here are the rules:

1. Post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the ques­tions the tag­ger set for you in their post.
3. Cre­ate 11 new ques­tions for the peo­ple you tag to answer.
4. Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.

You can call me a rebel or just lazy – you choose – but I’m not doing #4. If you want to play along, consider yourself tagged. Leave me a link to your tag post in the comments, so I can see what you said.

11 Random Things About Me

1. I don’t think I could make it through the day without my two glasses of sweet tea.

2. I love to read. My favorite genre, as a whole, is historical romance, but I am also a huge fan of both the Twilight and The Hunger Games series.

3. I have always claimed to be a night owl, but when my husband and I went on our 20th anniversary trip, we went to bed around 10:30 every night and got up by 8:30 or 9:00 every day, so I think, if I weren’t influenced by the kids’ sleep and wake times, I might not be as much a night owl as I claim to be.

4. I’m addicted to Words with Friends on Facebook.

5. Although I claim to not have a sweet tooth, my biggest food temptations are sweet – Dunkin’ Donut holes and peanut butter fudge are two foods that I don’t need to have in my house.

6. My two favorite foods that I never ate before I changed my eating habits are avocado and jicama. I would be hard pressed to go a week without them.

7. I am much more competitive than I care to admit.

8. I love sunflowers.

9. My favorite board game is Clue. I rarely lose when I play it.

10. My current favorite magazines are Runner’s World and Fitness.

11. My first concert ever was Rick Springfield in July 1983.

Jill wants to know:

1. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Butter pecan…on a sugar cone, please.

2. What would your dream job be? A writer.

3. If you could have one do-over, what would it be? I would have broken up with my first boyfriend within the first six months like I almost did.

4. Would you rather live at the beach or in the mountains? Why? The mountains because the seasons would be more varied, the fall colors would be beautiful, and the trails would make a great running workout.

5. What is your favorite TV show that you don’t really want to admit? I don’t have an secret favorite TV shows because I don’t watch much TV. My favorite TV show, hands-down, is Friends. I watch it on DVD nearly every day.

6. What is your favorite form of exercise? Running.

7. Share your favorite recipe. I have lots of favorites. The one that we’re currently eating the most of at my house is Gina’s oil and garlic green beans. Oh, and I eat my pasta bowl at least once a week.

8. If you have siblings, do you get along?  If you are an only child do you wish you had siblings? Yes, I have siblings and, yes, we get along…now.

9. What is an annoying habit someone in your household has? I’m going to choose to skip this one since I’ve been trying to focus on the positive, lately, instead of the negative…and I don’t want to pick on anyone.

10. Since I LOVE to laugh… tell me something about yourself that will make me laugh! (selfish question) Um…I don’t know if this will make you laugh, but I hoard Chick-Fil-A mints. I keep a stash in my car and in my purse. They make me smile.

11. Do you have a hidden talent?  If you don’t, what talent would you like to have? I would love to be fluent in sign language. I used to want to be an interpreter for the deaf.

11 Questions for the People Who Choose to be Tagged:

1. What’s one thing you’ve accomplished in your life that you never thought you could?

2. Do you have a mantra that keeps you going when you’d like to quit?

3. What is one piece of advice you’d like to pass along to someone who is trying to lose weight, but doesn’t think they can do it?

4. I’m trying to complete one random act of kindness each day and haven’t been succeeding very well lately. Give me a suggestion of an act of kindness that you would like to do for someone else or would love for someone to do for you.

5. What’s the best book you’ve read lately?

6. What’s your favorite healthy meal/recipe?

7. What’s your favorite date night activity with your spouse or significant other?

8. Is there a food that you eat the cashiers at the grocery store ask you about? (My personal examples are jicama and spaghetti squash.)

9. What’s your favorite game show?

10. If money were no object, where would you like to travel?

11. If you have or are making changes toward a healthier lifestyle, what was the tipping point that finally made you decide to do so?

Let me know if you decide to play along. If you do, leave the link to your post in the comments so I can come by and read your answers.

Do or do not. There is no try.


 

4 comments:

  1. Eclipse. Wouldn't that be a great play for Words With Friends. As a sometimes blogger myself, Words With Friends seems a more appropriate time-waster than, say, television. Bottom line, my blog has more word game posts than thoughtful entries. Distracted by WWF and TV. I will always justify my TV time as long as I can tie it back to wordplay. Blame my love of Scrabble, WWF and TV trivia for me creating my blog and the anagrams I invent. Still, all these distractions keep me from blogging like you do.Leona

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://myfoodnweightblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://myfoodnweightblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://missionalmamassoul.blogspot.com/2012/01/tag-im-it.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Your encouragement, support, or commiseration is appreciated.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.