Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Weekly Weigh-In: Creeping Along

It’s Weekly Weigh-In time again! Time for an update on that last stubborn 10 pounds. I tell you what, if I was as tenacious as these last ten pounds, I could succeed at anything. They never give up!

At least, I’m slowly, but surely moving in the right direction. I only lost 0.4 lbs. this week, but between some poor food choices last week and female hormone stuff, I’ll take it! At least it was a loss.

I’ve done much better on my food choices this week. The last two nights have been pure Biggest Loser type meals. Monday night, it was the turkey stuffed peppers (with yummy leftovers for lunch yesterday).

Last night it was pork chops (“fried” on the non-stick griddle with only cooking spray), roasted cauliflower, and two recipes from my favorite healthy-eating website, Skinny Taste: garlic green beans and mashed sweet potato brulee. Yum!

IMG_4451

I love when healthy tastes good! I could stand to get better at food photos, though.

I posted yesterday about it being time to send Fit Stanley on his way, but I didn’t get any takers. If you’d like to host Fit Stanley, please go leave a comment on yesterday’s post and I’ll choose a new host to send him to by Friday.

So, how did your weight-loss efforts go last week? What are you going to do this week for great results next week?

This post is linked to Weight-Loss Wednesday.

Do or do not. There is no try.

9 comments:

  1. A loss is a loss!  They do add up.  Your meals sound so good.  Do you enjoy to cook?  That is one of my struggles.  I want to like cooking.  I want to cook more often.  I think that will me by next goal.  I need to think on that.  I had a loss this week as well.  Down 1.  That puts me at 6 left to go.  Are we still neck and neck?  I have been a bit slack on the support/smack talk.  Sorry.  I will be better this week about "bugging" you!! :)  Let's make this another great week!!  Healthy eating, moving lots and enjoying our lives!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a loss! :) I'll have to try the sweet potato recipe. I love sweet potatoes.

    I had a .6 pound loss this week, which actually puts me back where I was two weeks ago. But I'll take it! It was a rough October.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are out of town, so I'm reporting my weight from yesterday morning (one day early, but I have no scale here). I lost 2lbs! I am so excited. I have been eating well and am back in the swing with my workouts, so I'm glad it shows on the scale. Only ONE more pound and I'm at a healthy BMI. Yippee!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate. A loss is a loss, right? Here's to bringing in November with a bang...great losses this week. You know, so we'll be ready for Thanksgiving. ;-) I'm signing up for a 5 mile run Thanksgiving morning. I figure that will help with all the eating later in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do enjoy cooking, but it's sometimes hard to psych myself up to do it when there is so much else going on. In other words, I enjoy the results, but not always the time investment.

    I've been lazy about the support and smack talk, too. Sorry! You're a pound up on me, but I'm gonna catch you! You can go ahead and be shopping for me. ;-) I'll be better about smack talk and support this week. The last couple of weeks have been rough, but I'm finding my groove again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. .4 is still great. I stayed the same last week which confused me because I think I ate pretty well & even added 2 miles on a treadmill 3 days a week to my already 2 miles. I'm hoping it was muscle! I've stepped it up by adding 1-2 miles at night and really really paying attention to eating. I've also added eating an apple during my morning walk. Hopefully it'll kick my metabolism up sooner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my!  Dinner looks delish!  Maybe I really will start cooking again ;)  Thanks for sharing the recipes.  I love sweet potatoes!  I also love roasted cauliflower.  Who knew eating healthy could taste so good?!?!?

    Congrats on the .4!  Slow and steady wins the race, right?  At least that's what I keep telling myself ;) 

    Thanks for joining WLWed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your amazing weight loss. I just started my weight loss journey this past Tuesday. I came across your blog and was very encouraged. I have 74 lbs to lose and I am so excited because I believe I will really do it this time. My name is Sherry, Nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Sherry. Congratulations on starting your journey! If you believe you can do it, you can! I hope you'll stick around for support and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Your encouragement, support, or commiseration is appreciated.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.