Friday, November 11, 2011

Tomorrow is the Day!

Tomorrow is the day – my first half-marathon. I am so excited! I never, ever dreamed that I would ever be excited about running – let alone running over 13 miles.

On March 12 of this year, I set off on my first 5K. I walked part of it and crossed the line with a respectable (in my opinion) time of 37:15.

IMG_2923

Just a few weeks later, I ran my second 5K and actually came in 3rd place for my gender/age group with a time of 34:52.

IMG_3026

This past June, I hit two running milestones: my first 10K and hitting a PR (personal record) in a 5K (32:21).

IMG_3367

Last week, I ran my first 12-mile long run in a time that made me very happy.

IMG_4464

Tomorrow, I’ll run my first 13.1. I have a time in mind, but mostly, I just just want to finish and be able to say I did it. Who knows? Maybe it will be a full marathon some day. Right now, I’m just so excited with the transformation that has taken place in my life over the last two years.

Wish me luck!

Oh, and Fit Stanley is headed to visit Jill. I thought he could go and deliver some smack talk personally. {grin}

Do or do not. There is no try.

13 comments:

  1. so excited to hear all about it!  ~liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck tomorrow! I stumbled across your homeschool blog and then found this one.  YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION!!!! I have about 30 lbs. to lose and your no-nonsense, realistic writing about your journey has encouraged me that I can do it.  THANK YOU! Have a fabulous run tomorrow!!
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful time! I know you'll be great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You CAN do it! If I can do it, with the bad attitude I started with and many false starts under my belt, anyone can. Thanks for the well-wishes on the race. I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the vote of confidence. I can't wait! I wish it wasn't so cold, but other than that I'm excited.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for you ~ congratulations on such a great accomplishment, no matter the time! You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Dia! It was a blast! I didn't make my "would be ecstatic" time, but I came in under my "hope I finish in less than" time, so I'm good. I'll post details and pics soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there,

    I came to your blog from the Weird, Unsocialized, Homeschool blog (from which I came from Canadian Home Learning).  I just want to say that I hope that your run went well.  I am also a runner and have done many half-marathons - one of my favourite distances.  I hope that it was a great experience! 

    You look amazing, by the way.  Congratulations on your weigh lose!  Way to go!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Tricia. It was a great run. It will definitely not be my last half and I will be working toward doing at least one full -- hopefully this same run next year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Your encouragement, support, or commiseration is appreciated.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.