Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Weekly Weigh-In: The Rollercoaster

It’s Weekly Weigh-In time again. I don’t know about you, but my weigh-ins lately have been like a roller coaster – up and down, up and down.

I lost last week; this week I gained a pound. Most weeks, I can come up with some possible culprits for my weight gain, but this week I’m stumped.

Aside from dinner Friday night, I felt like I made good choices this week and did better at tracking my food than I have lately.

I missed my workout Friday, but I went on a 14-mile bike ride Saturday, which is usually a rest day. I missed my run Sunday night, but I ran 11 miles on Monday. We did eat at a local pizza place Sunday night that has given me trouble before – probably the high sodium content – but I felt like I made good choices there, starting with a broth-based soup and salad.

It’s frustrating, this last ten pounds – the “maybe I should just be content with where I am” kind of frustrating. I mean, I never thought I would ever be in the low-130’s again. I feel fit, healthy, and confident.

Then, I thought about gaining 10 pounds. I would not be content in the 140’s. I wonder, though, if I thought I would be when I was there. I think I remember saying that a time or two.

So, maybe when I’m in the 120’s the thought of being 10 pounds heavier will seem unacceptable to me. I won’t know until I get there, so I’m not quitting. I’ll keep plugging away and making good choices – eventually my body will have to respond, right?

Plus, I need to beat – or at least tie – Jill. {grin}

Do or do not. There is no try.


 

6 comments:

  1. I gained a pound, too.  Darn it.  Unlike you, I know why. I didn't work hard enough to lose a pound.  I really coasted this week, with food and workouts.  Can't let that happen again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though we are "smack talking" I really want this for the both of us!  We deserve it.  We have worked so hard.  I agree that I too might be at my happy weight.  BUT I have to find out.  I have always had a weight I thought would be best for me- so I want to get there and learn to maintain and see if that is my "happy" weight.  I need to see if I am just being lazy and not wanting to put in the effort for this last push.  I will always wonder if I quit for the wrong reasons.  We can do this.  We owe it to ourselves to find out!  With that said.... I am winning! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that's exactly how I feel....I want to get to my goal weight and see how that feels for awhile before I just give up and decide that this is my happy weight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to a better week next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gained .8 lbs since my last weigh-in (two weeks ago). Considering that I was eating mostly fast food and potluck fare, and I didn't exercise one time, I'm not bothered. This week I'm back in the game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can totally do this!! That pound on the scale could be nothing... it's so weird that way. You're on track and it will be so interesting to see how you feel at the weight you "expect" to be the one to make you feel like you're "there".
    It's so far from my reality right now, but I'm fascinated....
    You Go, Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Your encouragement, support, or commiseration is appreciated.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.