Monday, October 31, 2011

Fit Stanley Update

I meant to post an update on Fit Stanley’s visit last Friday, but the week got terribly busy. He did, however, make it through our 11 mile training run on Thursday. I took this picture to show that, yes, I can get out of bed at what most people would consider a decent hour, though it felt very not decent to me.

I never thought I’d see the day when I’d get up before 8 AM for the sole purpose of running.

IMG_4398

The weather was perfect for running and I was so pleased that the 11 miles this week was easier than it was last week. Being able to run with a friend that I haven’t been able to run with in awhile topped it all off.

After our run, Fit Stanley and I enjoyed an already too-ripe banana. I like them just barely past green, myself, but I figured my body could use the potassium, so I ate it anyway.

IMG_4400

I was starving very shortly after our run, so I fixed an early lunch and one of my favorites: a turkey burger with grilled onions and homemade guacamole and a side of jicama and roasted red pepper with hummus.

IMG_4404

Friday, we did not get a workout in. Like I said, the day got busy in a hurry. Saturday wasn’t much better, but we did get in a 6 mile treadmill run on Sunday after Life Group.

Today it will be a spin bike day with Friends and I guess we’ll get some walking in when the kids go trick-or-treating – if anyone besides Megan chooses to go.

What have you been doing lately to keep fit?

Do or do not. There is no try.


 

6 comments:

  1. My fitness challenge at the Y ended 2 weeks ago and I've been struggling with motivation and working out since then. I think I've averaged 2-3 work outs a week instead of my normal 4+, and my weight loss stalled.  I decided late last week that I was through moping and had a really good weekend, work out wise.  On Friday, I did the 10 min solutions Kickbox Bootcamp video on netflix streaming.  HIGHLY recommend!  It's five 10 min segments, and you can mix and match (or do them all--which is what I did, and it may have been foolish, since I'm still sore).  Saturday I didn't do anything specific, but did a lot of walking since my ILs were in town and we were playing tour guide.  Yesterday I ran, including some sprint work to mix it up.  Very challenging, and I really enjoyed that as well.  

    And today? Well, I'm so excited because I've signed up for the next round of the fitness challenge.  I'm back for another 8 weeks with my little team.  Here's hoping for the same good results as last time!  

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and I'm laughing at it being painful for you to get up before 8. I have 3yo twins who are often up around 6.  Today they gave me a break and I didn't hear from them until 6:35. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the run!  Your turkey burger looks great!  Is is homemade?  I am looking forward to seeing how Fit Stanley likes spin class.  That is one of the most challenging classes for me!  I went on a really long bike ride yesterday with my husband.  It was so nice to be outside with the leaves changing colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the turkey burger is homemade. Nothing special, though, just ground turkey made into patties. I love them, though.

    Oh, and it wasn't really a spin class, just me on my spin bike in front of the TV with Friends. Not nearly as challenging as a spin class. I wish we could have gone riding this weekend. It was gorgreous weather for it, but our babysitter (my oldest) had plans, so we had to stay home. The next two weekends aren't looking very promising either -- next Saturday, Brian is taking Brianna to an anime convention and the next weekend is my half-marathon. No telling when I'll get to ride again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for you. None of our family are morning people. The worst sleeper was my youngest. She used to get up around 8:30 or 9:00 every day, but thankfully she got over that pretty quickly. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish we could ride together!!  If you are ever in the Raleigh area........ :)
    LOL about riding with Friends!  I thought you were going to a spin class with a friend!!  Too Funny! 
    I am excited for you for your half marathon!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Your encouragement, support, or commiseration is appreciated.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.