Tuesday, October 18, 2011

First 11-miler

If you follow Eclipsed on Facebook, you’ve probably already seen this. If not, though, I wanted to share the highlight of my Monday.

First 11 Mile

My first-ever 11 mile long run! I was very pleased with my time, as I was hoping to do it in 2 hours 10 minutes or less. It was tiring and hard, but exciting and exhilarating at the same time.

Back in January or so, when I started running, I could barely run for 90 seconds. You never could have convinced me, at that time, that I’d one day be able to run for 2 hours (with two one-minute-or-less water stops).

I won’t say it was easy, but I have a new motto – one that I chanted to myself quite a bit that last mile, which, by the way, is the hardest mile no matter how far you run.

It’s not a matter of can or can’t. It’s a matter of will or won’t. Do the hard things!

My, how my perspective has changed over the last couple of years.

What hard things are you doing today?

Do or do not. There is no try.


 

2 comments:

  1. This brought tears - I'm excited for you and proud of how your hard work is paying off in so many ways. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Your encouragement, support, or commiseration is appreciated.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.