Monday, September 5, 2011

Quick Tip

I read, in a recent issue of Fitness Magazine, of one editor’s tip for dining out with friends and avoiding both over-indulging or feeling deprived.

She says that she chooses to indulge in one thing: wine (or, in my case, sweet tea or Coke), bread, or dessert, but not all three.

3673509393_3fd72d7d6e

photo by joefoodie

That seems like an easy way to keep things in perspective when dining out – or when enjoying something like a Labor Day cookout. So, you make healthy choices in two of your three options and enjoy one indulgence.

A great tool for balance and moderation.

Happy Labor Day!

Do or do not. There is no try.

2 comments:

  1. I read that too and thought it made a lot of sense.  Good issue, overall.   I <3 Hannah and Olivia, so that's why I bought it. Good read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probaby would have bought it just because Hannah and Olivia are on the cover. I love them, too. It was, however, the first issue of my subscription that I got for $5 a while back. I just couldn't pass that up since it's over $4 for one issue and I figured I'd buy at least one or two issues over the course of a year. I'm really enjoying this issue, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Your encouragement, support, or commiseration is appreciated.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.