Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Weekly Weigh-In

Happy Wednesday! Today is an extra-special happy Wednesday for me. If you read my homeschool blog, you may already know why:

It’s my husband’s and my 20th wedding anniversary!

I can’t believe it’s been 20 years since we said, “I do.” That makes me feel old. It also makes me feel like we’ve accomplished something pretty doggone special.

I’ve got a pretty special man. Despite the fact that I went from being a pretty tiny little 21-year-old to being morbidly obese at 220 pounds, he never, ever made me feel like he was ashamed of me, disappointed in me, or disgusted with me – none of those things that I felt about myself.

Wedding Photo

I felt like he must feel those things, but he never made me feel anything less than beautiful, cherished, and loved.

Since I’ve lost weight, he’s both told me and showed me that he likes me much better this way, but that doesn’t mean that he loved me any less when I was obese.

He is very proud of my weight-loss and finds the new me pretty darn attractive, but he also likes the weight-loss because we can enjoy a more active lifestyle together and he’s not worried about me putting my health at risk.

I like that, too.

IMG_3524

It’s so nice to be celebrating this milestone anniversary at such a smaller, healthier, happier size. I’m sure y’all will understand that I’m too busy today enjoying some special time alone with my husband to bother worrying about a scale. I’ll update you next week on my weight-loss. Today, I’m just going to enjoy my husband.

Let me know how you did on the scale, though. I’ll be checking in to see.

Do or do not. There is no try.

 

 

Do or do not. There is no try.


 

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 20 years together!  You're right... that is quite amazing and truly something to be very proud of and happy about.  I wish you and your husband another 20 more filled with much happiness and many more wonderful memories! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!  Your pictures are beautiful!  Enjoy this moment!  I am happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!!!

    I love how real you are.
    My 20th anniversary is coming up in January.  I love being married to my best friend.

    I too gained weight after getting married.....58 pounds to be exact.  I am working at losing it.  Some days are tougher than others.

    You are an inspiration.  You should be so proud of what you have done.  Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been weighing in with you for 3 months, but I haven't posted because I wanted to see if the recent weight loss was going to continue.  I am nearly 4 months postpartum and, just as the books all say, the weight didn't move for 3 months no matter what I did.  Suddenly, my little guy hit 3 months and the weight began to mobilize.  I am down 2 pounds since last week and 6 in 3 weeks.  I am excited! 

    Quick background on my weight loss journey: lost 40 pounds after college, maintained this healthy weight until pregnancy #1.  Gained 30 pounds with Baby #1, but then another 35 pounds or so after he was born (and, yes, I nursed - for 16 months.  Medications, stress, and working do a number on one's metabolism/eating habits).  Lost 15 pounds after going off of a medication, then got pregnant with #2.  Gained 15 pounds in that pregnancy, all done at 1 week postpartum.  Stuck and struggling for 3 months because, as a nursing mother, I was STARVING, and committed to eating for my baby boy.  Finally, three weeks of downward mobility and I am regaining hope that, perhaps, this time, I can lose weight instead of gaining.  I am capable of being healthy and fit@google-af140900b7a04643ca61feb80c0dc75d:disqus  

    Sorry for the long-winded response.  Thank you for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your weight loss! I'm excited for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Your encouragement, support, or commiseration is appreciated.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.