Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Weekly Weigh-In: Doing Cartwheels

Except I’m really not doing cartwheels because I don’t know how. I should learn, though. Maybe I should learn today, because I just had a great weigh-in!

I lost 4.4 lbs., giving me a total of 88 lbs. lost and putting me at less than 10 lbs. from my goal weight!!

Can you believe that? Less than 10 pounds from my goal weight? I never thought I’d see the day!

I’m not even sure how it happened, honestly, unless it was just my body catching up from the two blah weeks.

I skipped my Friday workout (I was exhausted) and only ran half my long mile distance Sunday (I was afraid I would die of heat exhaustion running it outside or die of boredom running it on the treadmill). I thought I did really well with my food last week, but I still wasn’t expecting 4.4 lbs.

I weighed Monday morning and saw 133. I was so excited, but also a little worried that I would be up on Tuesday (which is why you should never peek at the scale the day before). I told Brian that if my number on Tuesday was anything other than 133, I thought I’d just take the 133.

Funny story about that. I actually tossed and turned all Monday night, dreaming that I was eating all kinds of crazy foods – giant handfuls of peanuts, hot dogs (the full-fat variety), potato chips – and telling myself that it would be okay; they weren’t that bad. Can you say, “obsessing over a weigh in”?

Imagine my shock when I saw 132 even on the scale Tuesday morning! That’s how much I weighed just before I got pregnant with my oldest! That’s the weight I was in this one picture that I’ve been holding up as the standard of where I wanted to be again.

I’m there. Wow.

Of course, some things were a little flabbier than they were back then, but that was over 16 years and three kids ago. I’m psyched!

So how was your weigh-in?

This post is linked to Weight Loss Wednesday.

Do or do not. There is no try.

14 comments:

  1. I am SO excited for you!  Wow--what a fantastic reward for a lot of hard work and determination!!  I want to see that picture from 16 years ago, too.  Just for fun.

    I only lost half a pound, which I'm pretty disappointed in. I feel like I worked harder than that. Maybe next week will be a big drop off for me?!

    Definitely learn to do cartwheels--they're fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!  That is terrific!  What a great feeling!  So pleased for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Kris! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You probably will see a big drop next week or the next. I read a line in a post by Tina (Faith, Fitness, Fun) last night that said something along the lines of "giving your body time to catch up with your efforts." I've definitely seen that a time or two since I'v been losing weight.

    Hmmm...I may have to scan that picture and share it. Interesting idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise God! Congratulations! What a great weigh in :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow!!!!  Congratulations!!!  It must feel incredible to have that loss.  Good job!  And thanks for joining Weight Loss Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. To be honest, I don't remember how I found your web site. But reading your story is very encouraging. I have 18lbs to reach my goal, and I never thought I would see the day. Thanks so much for writing about your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! Congrats on being so close to your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kris-I am SO proud of you! That is just totally awesome and it must be such a great feeling!!! I lost 3.1 at my weigh-in this week and I was pleasantly surprised. Like you, I can't really explain it. Not that I'm not working hard but sometimes there just seems to be no rhyme or reason to how much I lose in a given week as opposed to other, less productive weeks. Anyway, congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so happy for you!  Your hard work, determination and perseverance is paying off!  You must be over the rainbow with joy and elation!!!  Less than 10... WOW!!!!  Congratulations!  Thank you for continuing to inspire me to stick with my goals!!! 

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWESOME!!! You inspire me!! I have been struggling to get out of the 170 range and I sometimes forget I start in the 220 range.... so excited for you!! I will NOT give up no matter what :) 

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for you!!!  I have figured out, that for my body, I don't lose weight at a consistent pace weekly.  I'll go one or two weeks going up and down one pound (I weigh daily) and then boom! The next week I'll drop 3 or even 4 lbs in ONE DAY.  It's almost as if my body is holding onto those pounds and finally gives up.  :)  It's interesting, to say the least.  Congratulations, and keep on going!  You are so close to your goal!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Your encouragement, support, or commiseration is appreciated.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.