Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Seven Posts

If you read my homeschool blog, you may have already seen that I’m totally snagging this idea from a couple of posts I saw around the Internet last week. It was one of those “tag” posts. Nobody tagged me, but it sounded like so much fun, I decided to just consider myself tagged.

So there. ;-)

The idea is to share one post for each of the seven categories. Here goes!

Most Beautiful

I guess my “most beautiful” post is the weekly weigh-in post in which I hit seventy-five pounds lost. It was a beautiful, beautiful moment to see that number on the scale and to see the results in photos and know how far I’ve come and that I really, truly can be successful at weight-loss.

75 pounds

Most Popular

Why Eclipsed? is my most popular post. I never did get that Twilight Moms shirt, but only because they didn’t sell a new style for the premier of Eclipsed. I have, however, most definitely escaped the shadow of obesity and for that I will be forever grateful.

Twilight shirt

Most Controversial

I really don’t do controversy. I’m more about trying to encourage and inspire others to achieve success in their weight-loss goals. However, I guess if one post had the potential to be controversial, it was my tough love post.

Most Helpful

I’m hoping that my Ten Tips for New Runners post is going to prove to be the most helpful in helping other women – who, like me, never, ever thought they’d be a runner – go from couch potato to 5K (or 10K or half-marathon, or…) runner.

IMG_3136

Surprisingly Successful

I’ve really enjoyed the success of How Many Calories Do You Really Need? just because it’s something that I’m still grappling with and I think the feedback and discussion in the comments has been incredible.

Not Enough Success

As I said on my homeschool blog post, anything y’all read and comment on is successful. However, one post that I thought might get a little more discussion going was 10 Reasons Why Strength Training Is Important.

Post You’re Most Proud Of

That one’s easy. It was the post in which I first introduced what would soon become my mantra: Do or do not. There is no try. I had no idea what that phrase would come to mean to me, but it represents a huge part of my weight-loss success. It explains how I can know, starting out, that I really can run 9 miles.

Yoda

photo by eastern washington university

It tells me how you can be successful, too. The question isn’t whether something is easy or hard; it’s are you going to quit or not?

Was that fun? I thought it was! If you want to play along, consider yourself tagged. If you do a 7 Posts post, be sure and leave the link in the comments so I can come by and read yours.

Do or do not. There is no try.

5 comments:

  1. I loved the peek into past posts!  Great idea.  I won't do it, I can't read most of my blog without becoming way too emotional (I chronicled my mother's death in 2009).

    Now I have to ask, do you live near EWU?  My family is from that area originally.  Beautiful country...I miss the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand how going back through those posts about your mom would be too painful. I'm sorry for your loss.

    No, I don't live near EWU. I just came across the photo on Flickr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You inspired me! Here's mine: http://fatchickfedup.com/2011/08/04/7-posts/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Ten Tips for New Runners post was very helpful to me - just wanted to tell you that! I haven't seen a picture of you in a while; you look so great, so healthy - you really shine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Anna! And, I'm glad the post was helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Your encouragement, support, or commiseration is appreciated.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.