Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A New Challenge

I heard an idea from an IRL (in real life) friend this weekend that I really liked. It’s called the 30/40/50 challenge and it’s really simple.

For 30 days you do 30 pushups, 40 squats, and 50 sit-ups/crunches. That’s it. Every day for 30 days.

MP900430796

photo courtesy of microsoft.com

As I said, it’s simple. It doesn’t add a lot of time to your existing workout routine, but it’s a great discipline that I expect will yield great results at the end of the 30 days.

I’ve issued the challenge on my Facebook page, starting September 1, and I’d love for you to join us. I’m going to be posting a reminder/check-in post at least once a week on Facebook, so I’d encourage you to join us there if you haven’t already.

What do you say? Are you in?

Do or do not. There is no try.

10 comments:

  1. I am in. This is so doable for me. And I am going to walk 30 min. each morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across your blog and read all the entries in one setting! Very inspiring! Thank you for sharing, and I will join you for the 30/40/50 Challenge! I also love your homeschool blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a lot of reading! Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you'll be joining in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in!  What a great idea!  I am going to try and get my husband to join in too!  And my daughter!  Maybe 10/20/30 for her!  You are such a great motivator!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in!  I've purchased Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred -- but I think this 30/40/50 is a bit more reasonable, and will help me get ready to do the 30 Day Shred.  THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We walk for 20-30 minutes twice a day, but I still need something to tone up the tummy and bootang :).  So, I'm in, got it into my phone calender, complete with alarm.

    ReplyDelete
  7.  I am late to the game (nothing new, right?!), but I'm in! I just posted it on the mirror in the downstairs bath. I'd never remember which ones were 30/40/50 otherwise.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Your encouragement, support, or commiseration is appreciated.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.