Monday, August 15, 2011

12-Week Sprint to the Finish: Week 12

12-Week Sprint 2

Wow! Can you believe we’re starting Week 12 of the 12-Week Sprint to the Finish? We’re here! The finish line is before us.

It’s your last week to blow it out. So, what are you going to do?

I feel like I did okay with my goals this week. I still did not get in my strength-training, but I’m also still trying to give myself a little grace as we adjust to our school schedule again.

I’ve just about decided that, even though I may not see the same results, I may kind of do my own thing rather than follow The New Rules of Lifting for Women.

The workouts are a little monotonous and they aren’t, for most part, things that I especially enjoy. I’m wondering if I’d be more likely to stick with it if I did strength workouts that I enjoy.

Or maybe I just need to quit whining and stick with the book. I can be so indecisive.

I’m a little nervous about the scale this week. I feel like I’ve done okay with my food choices, but I haven’t logged this week. I know, I know. Go ahead and fuss at me. I just wanted to give intuitive eating another shot.

My favorite lunch this week was a tuna-stuffed tomato with jicama and red pepper for dipping in hummus and some of the best strawberries I’ve had in awhile, along with some grapes.

IMG_3451

I did try to pay close attention, mentally, to my calories and, with a couple of exceptions – one more breadstick at Fazzoli’s, one more taco Friday night (homemade, though, so not as bad as fast food) – I feel like I’ve done okay. We’ll see.

I didn’t get my long run in this week either. Church activities have started back on Sunday evenings, which makes it hard to find time for my long run, not to mention the fact that it’s still close to 100 degrees after sundown around here these days.

I’m trying not to stress too much and hoping that I can build back up pretty quickly once the weather cools off.

My goals this week: follow my running training plan, figure out what to do about my long run, make good, sensible food choices as I continue to work on transitioning to eating intuitively.

What are your goals for this last week of the sprint?

Do or do not. There is no try.

5 comments:

  1. We're traveling again this weekend and part of next week. I'm planning to get in 6 miles daily before we go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still here ready to keep working on this (not planning to stop at the end of this week since I'm not there yet - anyone want to do another 12 weeks? :) ).  I was still at the same weight last week as I have been but I'm trying to take a positive outlook by saying that I'm not above 170 anymore and have been staying below, so my goal this week is to just lose 1 pound so I can say I lost 40 pounds total by the end of this 12 weeks (total, not just in this 12 weeks).  Then I want to try to get to goal (155 - I'm 5'7") by the end of October.  I've had a good day today.  Same goals as last week.  I've gotten too good at maintaining, though.  Need to figure out how to get my body to lose pounds again!  Your lunch looks delish, btw!  Love tuna and tomato together...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have totally decided that maintaining is not a bad thing. Good luck on that last pound this week. I know it's exciting to hit those milestones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog - I am so happy for your success!  I've just started my journey with about 13ish pounds lost. I will be coming back around again, nice to meet you!  PS your lunch looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to on your 13 pounds lost! Wishing you continued success.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Your encouragement, support, or commiseration is appreciated.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.