Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Weekly Weigh-In

Happy Wednesday! I can’t believe it’s the middle of the week already…but, in weight-loss world, it’s just the beginning of another week.

I weigh on Tuesday mornings, so I get to start off the middle of the week with a fresh, clean slate.

I’m not terribly excited about this week’s weigh-in, but I’m not upset either. I lost 0.6 lb. That’s not as good as it looked on Sunday morning when it was closer to a 2 lb. loss, but it’s not a gain and it’s not staying the same, so I’ll take it.

I’m curious to see what it will be next week with all the thoughts of how many calories I really need floating around in my head. The crazy thing is, in the last couple of days that I’ve been concentrating on eating more nutrient-dense foods, I’m staying closer to my calorie goals on MFP. I still think part of that is fear of going over, though.

Still thinking on and experimenting with all that.

This week’s Weight-Loss Wednesday asks us to share a favorite recipe. I’m going to share the mostly-made-up recipe my family and I enjoyed last night. We used to go to this restaurant that served chicken souvlaki on pita and I tried to replicate it at home. It turned out great!

IMG_3421

Chicken Souvlaki on Pita

1-2 lbs. of chicken

Italian dressing (I use my reduced-calorie version)

Red wine vinegar

Pita bread (I used Joseph’s Flax Oat Bran Whole Wheat Pitas)

Gina’s Tzatziki

Sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and peppers

Marinate chicken in Italian dressing and red wine vinegar for several hours. (I cut my chicken in half before marinating.) Discard marinate and grill chicken. Slice grilled chicken into long thin strips. Stuff chicken strips into pitas, along with tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, peppers, and tzatziki.

Yum!

This post is linked to Weight-Loss Wednesday.

Do or do not. There is no try.

8 comments:

  1. I'm very interested to read more about your experimenting with your calories and work outs.  I think I'll join you in focusing on nutrient-rich foods this week.  Regardless of calorie deficit, that can't hurt! I was even steven this week. No gain,no loss.  I'm good with that, since honestly, I was awful with my eating this week.  I didn't really track and I ate way too much junk. Even was a relief.  I was expecting a gain.  Back on track with food this week, focusing on eating food that is good for me, not junkity junk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every step in the right direction ... :) The recipe sounds delicious! A college friend's parents owned a Greek restaurant in town, so that was a favorite hangout. Along with her house! LOL!

    My loss this week was also .6 pounds. (Have you noticed that our totals are often the same? I think that's odd, especially since we're not even at the same place in our journeys!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Disqus replies are not showing up correctly. Ignore this message if it shows up twice.)

    That is weird that we often have the same weight-loss. Let's go for two

    pounds this week, shall we? I'd like to be at 85+ pounds lost. ;-) Oh, and

    in other weirdness, my mom worked at a Greek restaurant for many years. {cue

    Twilight Zone music}

    They didn't sell chicken souvlaki, though, but,
    oh, cheese triangles (which
    have a Greek name that I can't recall) and the
    baklava. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Staying the same is always better than gaining. Here's to focusing on good,

    healthy eating this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5.  Oooh...that sounds yummy!  I love almost anything that involves pita bread!  I know what you mean about the loss.  That's how I felt about my .2.  At least it's still moving in the right direction :)  Thanks for joining Weight Loss Wednesday!  Blessings to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds so yummy! I'll have to try it.

    I had a great weigh in this week with a 4 lb loss. It seems like a lot, but considering I have had a couple weeks of staying the same and then a gain, I think I was just catching up. I have done this before and I'm not sure if it is my efforts (slow down, get discouraged, see the scale go up, get re-motivated : ) or if it's just the way my body tends to lose. Either way I am happy to see a number that I haven't seen in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can totally relate! My body does that sometimes and it can be so frustrating, but it's exciting to finally see that hoped-for number. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, that does sound yummy!  We went on a last minute trip to my inlaws house this week...so I weighed Mon and was down a lb, but weighed this morning and was actually up a lb.  I wasn't too surprised, my MIL cooked all of our favorites and I didn't have the elliptical handy.  So, party's over and back to reality!  :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Your encouragement, support, or commiseration is appreciated.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.