Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Quick Tip: Caring for Dri-Fit Clothes

I don’t know about you, but I’ve now got a closet full of moisture-wicking, dri-fit clothes. Did you know that you’re not supposed to use fabric softener with them? It messes up the moisture-wicking properties.

The “no fabric softener” thing includes the dryer sheets that I toss in with every load. So, I’ve gotten to where I don’t even put my workout clothes in the dryer. I just hang them up straight out of the washer.

Thanks to their moisture-wicking properties, they’re dry in no time. Plus, I’m guessing hanging them to dry probably extends the life of my workout clothes, as well.

Do or do not. There is no try.

3 comments:

  1. I had never thought about that, but it makes sense. I got out of the habit of using fabric softener when I was cloth diapering a few years ago.  You couldn't use it with those for the same reason--all those fleece lined diapers designed wick moisture away from baby bums!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought about it, but it's probably good for all your workout clothes too. It's really late, but I read your inspiring quote as "Do or do not. There is no *dry*". Which I thought was hysterical considering the post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, sounds like it's bedtime. ;-) I know it is for me. It's hard to give up
    that quiet time at night after everyone else is asleep, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Your encouragement, support, or commiseration is appreciated.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.