Monday, July 25, 2011

12-Week Sprint to the Finish: Week 9

12-Week Sprint 2

Welcome to Week 9 of the 12-Week Sprint to the Finish! We’re in the home stretch now, with just three weeks to go.

I’m seriously thinking that I’m probably not going to hit my goal of 21 pounds lost, but I’m much closer than I was 9 weeks ago, so I’m okay with that.

Of course, I’m not throwing in the towel, either. I’d like to be 5 or 6 pounds closer by the time we wrap up, which would put me within 6 or 7 pounds of my goal weight.

That would be awesome!

My goals this week are:

1) Continue my training plans for running and lifting. Last week was a rest week for running, so I got to do several 4 mile runs with no long run. I needed the rest. In fact, in a move very out of character for me, I didn’t work out at all Friday or Saturday.

I really felt that my body needed the break and I’m trying to learn to listen to those clues. I hope it doesn’t reflect negatively on the scale – things looked pretty good there when I sneaked a peak yesterday morning.

2) Continue making good food choices and tracking – or not – my food on My Fitness Pal. Yeah, I know I told y’all you could fuss at me the next time I started talking about not tracking food. Go ahead…but I’ve got some thoughts swirling around in my head about that.

If I can make those thoughts make sense, I’ll share them sometime this week.

That’s it for me today. No food log this week. Not because I have anything to hide – because I don’t – or because I haven’t been tracking – because I have – but because it’s time consuming and, well, I’d just rather spend the time with my family right now.

I thought y’all would understand.

What about you? How are you doing on your 12-Week Sprint? What are your goals for this week?

Do or do not. There is no try.

10 comments:

  1. I'm still here, not really sprinting to the finish, but rather stumbling along and dragging my feet.  Having a hard time staying motivated.  Didn't track food at all on MFP this past week - or I might have near the beginning of the week, but didn't for the most part.  Just feeling like it's such a time drain.  Did exercise 5 days last week and got up this morning to exercise, but having to really talk myself into it.  My eating wasn't at all bad last week.  I did focus more on the lower carb stuff and found myself less hungry in between meals which I'd hoped would be the case.  Going to try to stick with that this week too.  Went out to eat last night for our anniversary and decided to splurge and have a burger which tasted great and I'm hoping didn't do too much damage.  Goals for this week:  1) exercise each day 2) eat lower carb foods as much as I can 3) get back to logging food more regularly 4) work on attitude (ie. get my head back into this and try for a more positive outlook).  Oh, and I never put my weigh-in on your post ... nothing to report though, I'm still the same weight.  Sigh. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 or 7 pounds from goal weight!!!  That is AWESOME.  You must feel so good about yourself!  I am curious as to the thoughts you a have swimming around in your brain about food tracking!  Enjoy your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a couple weeks of ups and downs with my weight and it's not just the scale. It's like the excitement has worn off a little.I just haven't been giving it my all. I am hanging in there though and now that I've realized that I am just 5 lbs. away from my "Sprint to the finish" goal and we have 3 weeks left, I really think I can do this!
    My goal for this week is to push myself a bit more with my workout. I am increasing to a 50 minute morning walk and want to do 5 days of this.
    I also will track my food daily on MFP. I am usually good about this but have slacked off for a few days.I am interested to hear what you have to say about tracking. I hope you will share your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After the shocking news of my husband's job loss this weekend, my goal for the week is to simply keep my head above water.

    Look forward to hearing your thoughts on food tracking-as you know I am an avid proponent of it ;) At least FOR ME, it has been the single most helpful thing I have done to lose weight. Can't wait to hear your perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to stay motivated sometimes. Hang in there! I don't really think
    your attitude is awful. You're focusing on keeping your food choices good
    and not going overboard, while continuing to stay active, even though you're
    not feeling it right now. It could be much, much worse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that's my projected (read: hoped for) target. I'm not there yet...but
    it will feel so good to be in a few weeks if I stay on track now. I've got
    some interesting thoughts swimming around in my brain. I'm going to try
    really hard to share them this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is hard to keep that excitement and motivation up from day to day...but 5
    lbs.? Wow! You can totally do that!

    I am going to try really hard to get some coherent thoughts out about food
    and tracking before this week is up. I've read some things lately that have
    given me a lot to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm praying for your family. I can't imagine the kind of stress you must be
    feeling. We're really struggling financially right now. It's very stressful,
    but I know my husband still has a job, so there is peace in that. I'm
    praying that your husband finds something quickly and that God supplies all
    your needs. Oh, and don't even worry about sending those socks. I know every
    little bit is going to count right now.

    I totally agree with you about how important tracking food is. It's been key
    for me any time I've successfully lost weight. They're interesting thoughts
    that may or may not be fully formed right now. I'll try to share later this
    week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the words of encouragement!  I really am not doing too badly and haven't been making terrible choices, I'm just kind of frustrated at having to keep such close track of everything and then not having any weightloss to show for it.  Thanks for reminding me that I'm really doing okay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry to hear about your husband's job.  I think that your attitude is great,though, and I'm so excited for you that your hard work is paying off in your weight loss.  Loved reading about all of your NSV's.  Best wishes to you guys as you try to work through this difficult time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Your encouragement, support, or commiseration is appreciated.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.