Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Weekly Weigh-In: Seriously?

Happy Wednesday! It’s Weekly Weigh-In time.  I hope you’ll share your results so that we can encourage and support one another.

So, my weigh-in? Frustrated is not even the word this week. I gained. Almost 2 pounds. It’s crazy. Last week I thought the problem might be hormonal fluctuations, but two weeks in a row? Doubtful.

It’s so frustrating and I know it has to be getting old for y’all to read. When I was consistently losing 1-2 pounds a week, I felt like I was at least encouraging. This plateau is just starting to sound like a broken record to me.

I hope that it’s at least encouraging in the fact that, though I’m frustrated, I am absolutely, positively not giving up. When I started this journey, I didn’t really think I could be successful. Now, I know I can reach my goal. I just have to keep going, even when it’s frustrating.

I’m going to get back into my bodybugg account and make some adjustments to my program. I may need to decrease my calories. I know they also have some information on getting over plateaus, so I’m going to re-read that.

I guess I’m also going to go back to tracking my food diligently. I guess I’m going to have to come to terms that I’m going to have to continue to do that at least until I get to maintenance phase. I can do that.

I think the most frustrating thing about gaining is that, even though I haven’t been writing down all my food, I feel like I’ve been very conscious of what I’ve been eating. I could understand maybe staying the same, but gaining means that I’ve been consuming more calories than I’ve been expending and I really, truly don’t see how that’s possible.

My activity level has been very high and my eating patterns have been consistent with what they’ve been all along. 

Oh, well. Time to quit whining about it and get busy doing something about it.

What about you? How are your weight-loss efforts going? 

4 comments:

  1. :( I know how frustrating that is. Here's hoping for a better weigh-in next week.

    I'm up .4 lbs in the last two weeks. :( We have been traveling, and I haven't had the opportunity to walk like I normally do. I did mostly watch my intake, but I splurged on three meals. That's one more than I would have normally in that time period. Still, while I'm not pleased, I'm glad it isn't a bigger gain. Being out of my routine was more difficult than I expected. I'm thrilled to be back home so that I can focus again.

    Oh, and today is my birthday! I'm NOT where I wanted to be (5 lbs up from my goal), but I'm better than I was last year! I am healthier and happier with myself AND I know I'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Noodle. Sometimes it's nice just to have somebody understand your frustration, kwim? When I went to Weight Watchers, they'd always try to put a nice spin on a gain and, while I know they meant well, sometimes it would've just been nice to have somebody say, "That stinks."

    I'm okay. I know I'll get there, it's just frustrating sometimes.

    And, a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! Enjoy your day. Being within 5 pounds of a goal is an exciting thing. Enjoy your success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris,

    From a lifetimer @ WW - that stinks! : ( But, the one thing I immediately thought of is maybe you are not eating enough. I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but with your increased activity (you are so inspiring on the running!), you may be needing more protein, more productive calories...just a thought.

    The best thing I read was that you are not giving up - your mental part of this journey sounds very sound. Also, thanks for being so honest and vulnerable with all of us...you're being real with your week to week journey helps all of us. Hope you have a great week!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it deserves a really loud "well, CRAP! Or even a "WHAT THE HECK!"

    You're so close to that goal that you can see it! I'm really excited for you! Your determination has been inspiring to me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Your encouragement, support, or commiseration is appreciated.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.