Monday, March 28, 2011

Do or Do Not Challenge: Week 13

It's Do or Do Not Challenge time, Week 13!  I hope you're doing...and getting fitter, getting stronger, and seeing results. 

We've been enjoying some warmer days here, so I'm starting to think about being ready to bare more skin than I've had to in awhile.  That means not slacking off now! So, here are a couple of challenges for this week:

1.  Try some exercises designed to increase core strength. Core strength is important  for just about any other type of exercise because it helps to strengthen and stabilize the body.  I’ve recently learned that good core strength is very important for runners.

A strong core makes other types of strength training more effective and helps to prevent injury.   Try some of these exercises to improve your core strength.

2.  Accumulate a total of 15 minutes walking up/down stairs or hills at least 4-5 days this week.  Stairs and hills can add intensity for any fitness level.  If walking up/down them isn’t enough of a challenge for you, run them.

If you have stairs in your home, this is a great way to add 15 minutes of moderate activity to my day and some great extra calories burned and more steps toward you 10,000 steps/day goal.  Oftentimes it’s those little things, done with intention, that add up, especially when they help bash the “I don’t have time” and “I can’t afford the gym” excuses.

Do or do not!  There is no try. 

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the strength link! I started thinking last Thursday that I ought to incorporate some strength exercises, but I hadn't any idea where to start.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Your encouragement, support, or commiseration is appreciated.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.