Monday, March 14, 2011

Do or Do Not Challenge: Week 11

Wow!  Week 11 already!  This is when you may be far enough into this thing -- this lifestyle change -- that willpower may be flagging.  You may be starting to feel you're in a bit of a rut with your eating and exercise habits.

This is the time that I hope even those of who have been following quietly along or who haven't joined in at all will jump in and speak up...at least for challenge #1.  Are you ready?

1. Share one of your favorite healthy recipes. If you're like me, you've found some new healthy favorites since you began your weight-loss journey -- but you may also be getting to the point where your new favorites may be starting to morph into "the same old, same old."  So, I hope that lots of your will share one of your favorite healthy recipes, either in the comments or by linking to it. Then, I challenge each of you to find a new-to-you recipe that someone else has shared and try it. Here are some of my very most favorites:

  • Spaghetti squash with grilled chicken (I marinate mine in low-fat Italian dressing -- Good Seasons Italian dressing mix, except I swap the amounts of oil and vinegar, using 1/2 cup of vinegar and only 1/4 cup of oil.) and baked zucchini sticks
  • Quinoa
  • Grilled chicken and fruit salad

2. Add to your regular workout routine exercises designed to increase your flexibility.  Cardio is absolutely necessary to losing weight and strength-training is the perfect complement, helping to build muscle and burn more fat, but flexibility training offers a host of benefits all its own

One surprising thing that I've discovered, as I've lost weight, is how much flexibility I actually have.  I can only imagine how much better my flexibility would improve if I consistently and consciously worked to improve it.  You can’t deny the benefits of  improving your overall body function and bone and joint health. Try some of these ideas for adding some flexibility training to your workout routine.

Consider yourself challenged!  And, please, don't forget to share one or two of your favorite healthy meals and/or recipes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Your encouragement, support, or commiseration is appreciated.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.