Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Weekly Weigh-In: So Close

So, are you ready to come clean on your scale results this week?  Has it been a home run week or is it time to get that GPS mentality going?  Whichever the case may be, ready or not, it’s time for the Weekly Weigh-In.

As you can probably tell by the title, this week wasn’t what I’d hoped.  I needed to lose 0.8 lbs. to reach the milestone of no longer being obese.  It’s a good thing I didn’t wake the kids up and have them on confetti stand-by.  I only lost 0.6 lbs.  Close, but no cigar.

So, what happened?  Well, a couple of things probably.  One, I had a really hard time staying within my calorie budget last week.  It wasn’t from just random, careless overeating.  Rather, I’ve been trying to add in breakfast, which I feel is important, but was rarely eating before, and making sure I have at least one healthy snack each day, which I was already doing…except for maybe not so heavy on the healthy.

The big thing, though, was that I started feeling really sluggish toward the end of the week.  I thought maybe I just wasn’t getting enough rest, but it turns out, I was coming down with something.  It appears to just be a head cold, but it knocked me for a loop this weekend.  I spent quite a bit of time in bed Saturday and the whole day on Sunday.  Unfortunately, I didn’t get the benefit of loss of appetite that my family got when they had the flu, so I was still eating normally (which means fairly healthfully), but not getting any exercise.  I think I’d have made my goal if it hadn’t been for that because I’d planned to try to get an extra workout on Saturday.

Oh, well.  Recalculating.  I’m expecting a confetti-worthy week this week.  It’s my goal, the first couple of days, just to keep moving since I’m still feeling pretty rotten.  I got my cardio workout in yesterday and plan to get two in today – I usually walk during the first hour of The Biggest Loser, in addition to my morning workout.  On top of that, though, I finally got an elliptical!  I’ve been looking for one for several weeks, after selling my recumbent bike to help pay for an elliptical and we finally found a good deal on one.  Hey, even workout equipment is fun when it’s new, so I’ll have something to look forward to for a couple of extra workouts this week.

What about you?  Did you meet your goals this week or are you recalculating?

9 comments:

  1. Sorry you're sick Kris - get some rest, take some vitamin C and echinacea, and drink lots of water. ;)

    My week was good despite having my MIL staying with us. I lost 1.4 lbs, which averages to 6 lbs in 6 weeks. I'll take slow and steady over not losing at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 193 lost 2lbs since last week

    We'll all be celebrating with you next week Kris, don't be down-hearted. Hope you feel better soon!

    Blogged about it here:
    http://thirty-onethriftyandthriving.blogspot.com/2011/01/weekly-weigh-in-3-do-or-do-not.html

    Grainne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost two pounds - MY GOAL!!! I am very excited as this has happened all three weeks of the new year. Yeah, I know, not THAT much, but still...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Tristan and Grainne. I'm taking Vitamin D and C. If this morning is any indication, I may be on the mend. I feel MUCH better than I did yesterday morning.

    Way to go on 1.4 lbs., Tristan!

    Jennifer, two pounds a week is an AWESOME weight-loss rate! It's challenging, but healthy and sustainable. And, the fact that you've consistently met your goal 3 weeks in a row is something to celebrate. Congratulations!! Consistency = results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was 228 3 weeks ago and have now lost down to 225. So that is 3 lbs in 3 weeks. I am happy with that. Slow and steady. I am off to a good week with eating. Just need to add some exercise into the mix. Thanks for all the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also tossed .6 pounds. And I walked 12 miles, despite doing nothing over the weekend. My goal for this week is 15 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a one pound loss this week. It's a small amount but at least headed in the right direction.

    I blogged about it here.
    http://joesette.blogspot.com/2011/01/weekly-weigh-inthe-small-week.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry you are sick. I hope you feel better VERY soon!

    I have my first victory!!! So far, I have only reported gains or staying the same. This week, I lost 3.6 pounds!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Your encouragement, support, or commiseration is appreciated.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.