Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Introducing the Fitness Swap

Okay, since I’m totally stealing borrowing this idea, I want to give credit where credit is due and say that I got the idea for a fitness swap from HSBA Post’s Homeschool Swap.  Here’s my idea for a fitness swap:

Everyone who is interested with send me, via email (you can click the button in the right sidebar), your name, mailing address, and email address.  I will send out a questionnaire for you to fill out and return and I’ll pair people up.  We’ll spend about a month getting to know our swap sisters during which time you should email each other at least once a week to provide encouragement and accountability.

Then, at the end of the month, we’ll mail each other a goody bag with new or gently used fitness-related items, such as workout DVD’s, books, magazine, healthy snack bars, or things along those lines.  Feel free to use your imagination, but make it something that will inspire and encourage weight-loss for the recipient.  The total cost of the package should be between $15 and $20 before postage.

When swap items are received, each recipient should take photos, post about the swap and give their swap sister some linky love.  I’ll do a swap post and put up a linky where you can all link up your swap posts.

This is, of course, based on the honor system.  If somebody fails to send their swap sister a package, the only recourse I’ll have will be to ban that person from future swaps, but I hope that everyone who signs up will be committed to following through.

Are you in?  Here are the dates:

Sign up by: Monday, January 17

Paired up by: Monday, January 24

Mail swap by: Monday, February 21

Post about your swap by: Monday, March 7

I think this will be a fun source of inspiration, encouragement, and accountability.  So, as Ben Bailey of Cash Cab (I love that show!) would say, “What do you say?  Do you want to play?”

10 comments:

  1. Would love to join in but alas being UK based all my exercise DVDs etc wouldn't play in the states and vice-versa. Hope you get plenty of interest though it sounds like a great idea!
    Grainne

    ReplyDelete
  2. DVD's were just one suggestion. Books, magazines, anything inspirational with a fitness twist would be welcome, so don't necessarily count yourself out, though I know extra postage would be an issue, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this sounds fun, but I don't think I could afford it for long. Is this a one time thing, or are we commiting for every month form here on out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, you'd just be committed for the one swap. We'll do individual sign-ups for each one, so you'd only have to do the ones you wanted to. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to join this. I'm not able to pull up your email though. Could you send it to me or post a comment?
    Thanks,
    Kim
    kfourman (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love love to join. Please email me at ezziriah(at)gmail(dot)com I have lot of good ideas to send. Btw I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a good one! I have a few like new DVDs that I could swap, and some other ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok, I have been back and forth on this, but...in for a penny, in for a POUND! hahaha, I crack me up.

    I will email you my particulars.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I waffled for a bit, but I'm gonna jump in, too. Count me in. I couldn't find your email (although I know we've emailed back and forth before). But my email addy should come through for you with this comment.
    Looking forward to it!
    ~Jessica
    http://healthyfor100.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Your encouragement, support, or commiseration is appreciated.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.