Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Still Here

Yes, I'm still here.  No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth...or off the wagon.  No, I did not realized it had been so long since I'd posted.

I'm just still maintaining and that gets boring to write about.  Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that I have maintained my weight loss -- just a little frustrated because I wasn't quite ready to move into maintenance mode yet.  I know, of course, that I could get out of maintenance mode and back into weight loss mode if I a) got back to working out more (I'm still walking on the treadmill most days of the week) or b) cut out a few more calories.

Knowing it and doing it can be two different things, of course.

I'm in kind of a bad place right now:  I'm not quite where I want to be, weight-loss-wise, but I am so much happier than where I was.  I'm at a very comfortable place.  I could be perfectly content here -- well, maybe not perfectly content.  I am wearing normal-size clothes, I have a waist again, I am no longer completely and totally ashamed of my appearance.  It's actually a really good place to be.

Do I want to stay here?  No.  I'd like to lose at least 25 more pounds, which would put me about 7 lbs. above my original goal, but at a very reasonable weight for my height, body build and age. 
And, I'm going to do it.  I haven't given up.  I just need to get my drive to work out back up.

For now, I'm just resting here, though.  It's a really comfortable place for resting.

Is that a cop-out?  Nope.  You can hold me to it.  I'll get into the swing of things again, soon.  I won't try; I'll do it.  Do or do not.  There is no try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Your encouragement, support, or commiseration is appreciated.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.