Hello, Ultimate Blog Party Blog Hoppers! I'm Kris, the Christian, homeschooling, now-only-fifty-six-pounds-overweight-instead-of-ninety-five wife to my super-supportive husband Brian and mom to my three great kids, Brianna (14), Josh (10), and Megan (8).
I launched this blog on the Monday before Thanksgiving -- the day I decided that there was no time like the present to do something about my weight. A lot of people -- myself, included -- thought I was crazy to begin this journey the week of Thanksgiving, but I knew I had to start then or never start. I'd like to invite you to read my first post, which explains where I was, emotionally, when I began. It also explains all the Twilight stuff.
Before: 220 pounds
(give or take -- this picture was taken the summer before I began my weight-loss journey)
Although I began my journey the week of Thanksgiving, it wasn't until somewhere in the middle of that first week that my whole attitude changed. It was then that I realized that all my previous efforts to lose weight had failed not because they didn't work, but because I quit. It was sometime during that first week that I decided that this time would be different -- that I must do or do not because there is no try.
After: 190 lbs.
30 pounds down (March 2010)
I host a Weekly Weigh-In on Tuesdays and I regularly share about my struggles and my hang-ups, as well as my triumphs, epiphanies, and dreams.
If you've got a significant amount of weight to loss -- or just want to offer your support -- I hope that you'll subscribe and join me on the journey!
Per UBP guidelines, I'll share that I'd love to win any of the following prizes:
- #39 -- A gift certificate for any Hilton Gardens hotel (Can you say "date weekend" with dh??)
- #11 -- A Restaurant.com gift certificate (If I can't have the date weekend, a date night would be nice.)
- #32 -- A $25 gift card to Target (Oh, how I love Target!)
- #112 -- A $50 gift card to Amazon (What homeschooler wouldn't love more books??)
- #72 -- A Your Shape game for the Wii (So I could get that last 56 lbs. off)
- #14 -- 10 custom bumper stickers (Wouldn't that make a fun giveaway?)