Monday, April 26, 2010

Meal Plan Monday

I haven't done a Meal Plan Monday in awhile, but since the Do or Do Not Challenge is over, I thought it might be fun to share the things I'm eating these days.


I don't schedule breakfast; I just eat whatever sounds good that morning, typically a bowl of cereal (I have a strong preference for Honey-nut Cheerios) or loaded yogurt.

Saturday

Brunch: scrambled eggs, bacon and hash browns


Dinner:  Chicken fajitas w/homemade guacamole, pico de gallo, and sweet corn cake (this is full fat, but I only eat 1/2 a serving).  There will also be Spanish rice and refried beans for the family, but I skip them.  I also skip the tortilla for my fajitas; I like them just as well without it.



Sunday

Brunch: scrambled eggs (made with one whole egg, one egg white, a little skim milk and a little shredded sharp cheddar cheese), bacon and hash browns. (No, not terribly low-fat, but it's one or two days a week and I plan for it.)

Dinner:  Homemade manicotti with salad and garlic bread.  Yum!

Monday

Lunch:  tuna-stuffed tomato w/fruit

Dinner:  Grilled chicken w/fettuccine Alfredo, salad and garlic bread.  (The fettuccine is this recipe made weight-loss-friendlier by using 1/3 less fat cream cheese, only about two tablespoons of butter and skim milk.)

Tuesday

Lunch: Pizza (only 2 slices) and salad

Dinner:  Left-over manicotti for me; the family is having chili dogs and chips.

Wednesday

Lunch: Left-over chicken fajitas

Dinner:  eat out

Thursday

Lunch:  Broiled tilapia and salad

Dinner: Family dinner @ my sister's house

Friday

Lunch:  Burrito bowl (I skip the rice.  Typically, I just use lettuce, the chicken, pico de gallo, and sour cream...and guacamole, if I have it.  I love to make a big pot of the chicken on the weekend, though, and freeze it in single serving sizes for lunches during the week.)


Dinner:  eat out (Yes, I know we do too much of this.  Chick-fil-A salads are my friend.)

What's on your menu this week?


4 comments:

  1. Do you snack between meals? How do you stave off hunger between breakfast, lunch, and dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this as I always need ideas! Do you think you could share your weekly workouts and ask your blog readers to do the same? I'm needing some inspiration in that area. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jenny, I don't typically snack between meals. If I'm going to workout, I typically eat Luna Bar Mini. Otherwise, if I do snack, my favorites are: fruit, yogurt, string cheese or a boiled egg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan,

    Sure! I could probably stand some inspiration there myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Your encouragement, support, or commiseration is appreciated.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.