Saturday, February 6, 2010

NSV: Jeans and Sugar

It's Saturday and that means it's time to celebrate non-scale victories -- all those weight-loss successes that take place somewhere other than the scale.  Are you fitting into a smaller size?  Noticing you've got more energy?  Exercised regularly this week or made great food choices?  This is the place to brag on yourself and let us celebrate with you!

I had a few NSV that stood out in my mind this week:

1.  I got into a smaller size jeans!  When I started my weight-loss efforts back in November, I couldn't get this particular pair of jeans past my thighs.  I wore them a couple of times this week...and I could take all the big, deep breaths I wanted.  ;-)

2.  We've cut our sugar consumption in half.  I used to buy 10 lbs. of sugar at the store each week...and sometimes we'd run out.  For the past several weeks I've only been buying a 5 lb. bag -- and there's usually still several cups left in the sugar container when I add the new bag.

3.  More energy.  I've been noticing lately that, in general, I have a lot more energy and just feel better, overall, than I have in a long time.  If I'm noticing such a big difference at 22 lbs. down, I can't imagine how great I'll feel when I'm at my goal weight.  Why, oh why, did I let myself get so overweight?  And, why didn't I get serious about getting the weight off sooner?

4.  I didn't realize, when I posted my weigh-in this week, that this week's weight loss means that I've lost over 10% of my body weight already.  Woo hoo!!

What about you?  What NSV have you enjoyed this week?

5 comments:

  1. Congrats! There's nothing like the feeling of fitting into your skinny jeans :). Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay -- I gotta know -- what do you do to go through 10 lbs of sugar in a week? Was it from sweetened tea or something else entirely? (Not judging, I am seriously just curious. Great job on cutting the consumption down! You are doing a fabulous job!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to half the amount of sugar I was using in my sweet tea. I found that flavored teas helped. Especially raspberry tea. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to half the amount of sugar I was using in my sweet tea. I found that flavored teas helped. Especially raspberry tea. Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Your encouragement, support, or commiseration is appreciated.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.