Thursday, January 21, 2010

My New All-Time Favorite Meal

I think I have officially decided what my number one favorite low-fat-meal-that-tastes-too-good-to-be-a-low-fat meal is.


Chicken fajitas (I leave off the tortilla entirely and don't miss it at all)
Almost-Chili's Black Beans (to which I add a few spoonfuls of the next item)
Pico de Gallo (the best I've ever had...I leave out the cilantro because I don't like it)
Homemade guacamole
Sweet corn cake (Okay, this part isn't low-fat, but I save it till the end and just have a tiny bit)


Yum!  I think I could eat this every day.  The guacamole is simple, but I don't have an exact recipe for it.  I just mash the avocado and add hot sauce, garlic, salt, cumin, garlic salt, and lime juice until it tastes right.  Then, I add about a tablespoon of sour cream.  The entire meal, with a serving of light sour cream was only 400 calories and 12 fat grams (half of which came from the guacamole, so it was "good" fat).  You can't beat that with a stick.


2 comments:

  1. Yep, I'm giving you another Lemonade Stand Award. If any blog exemplifies a positive attitude, this is it.

    Jenny
    www.bloggingboutboys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Your encouragement, support, or commiseration is appreciated.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.