Monday, December 28, 2009

Conviction

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and were able to enjoy the food temptations of the holidays without over-indulging.  I think I did okay.  I'll let you know tomorrow when I've got my official weigh-in.  My husband commented to me that he really thinks that I'm going to succeed this time because I'm different -- the way I'm talking about my weight-loss goals is different

He's right.  I can feel it, too.  My whole attitude is different this time.  I didn't realize it was obvious to anyone other than myself.  Brian named the difference:  conviction.  He said that the tone of my voice, the way I talk about my weight loss, is tinged with conviction.

I was blessed by the people who love me at Christmas this year.  In addition to my BodyBugg, which Brian gave me early, I got lots of wonderful gifts.  I think my favorite, though, aside from my BodyBugg, came from my aunt.  I was talking to her and the rest of my extended family at dinner a few weeks ago about my motto this go 'round:  Do or do not.  There is no try.

Well, my aunt works at a place that does a lot of custom decorating work and she said they had that quote embroidered on a piece of fabric that could be made into a pillow or something.  When she asked if I wanted it, I immediately said, "Yes!!" 

I was just going to hang it on the wall or something.  Well, here's what I got for Christmas from her:



Isn't it fabulous?!?!  I love it!  My motto pillow is going to have to be in my "after" picture when I reach my goal weight.

7 comments:

  1. Too cute! If it wasn't pink my DH would love a pillow with that on it.

    I'll post my weight soon, but I am happy to say I survived the holidays without damage. Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually not pink; it's a deep red. I need a better camera. ;-)

    I'll post my weigh-in tomorrow morning. It wasn't what I was hoping, but I'll survive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great present! So much Joy for you! I have company today that I have not seen in 3 months, and her first comment was wow, you've lost weight. During Christmas. Go Walking Go! Yeah Me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I'm rooting for you! GO, KRIS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE IT...and who couldn't live without a little YODA wisdom?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Your encouragement, support, or commiseration is appreciated.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.